Oscar Fashion, baby.

Sunday, February 27, 2011 § 0

And don't forget the brinner.  For Oscar night tonight, the sister thought it would be nice to have pancakes for dinner, and she was right!  It was delish.

I love watching the Oscars because it brings out so many things in me.  For one, the fashionista.  My family gets so annoyed with me because I'll start shouting at Kelly Osbourne and Giuliana Rancic as they critique some of my favorite gowns.  If I'm being honest, it also brings out the dreamer in me.  That may be cheesy, but when I see the screenwriter category come up on the screen, when I see them accept their award, I can't help thinking that that could very easily be me someday.  I've got the biggest drive to be an established writer, but I don't really know where that's going to take me.  It could take me the magazine route, it could take me the novelist route, and with any luck,  it could take me the screenwriter route.  I don't know yet, but I can't wait to find out!

However, fashion is still one of my favorite parts of the entire thing.  I love all of the gowns and the jewels and the hair and my favorite celebs looking fierce like they always do.  Here are the nominees for Best Oscar Outfit According to Cooper:

Hailee Steinfeld, looking amazing in a Marchesa gown that she helped design! God, I love this girl. 

Mila Kunis, looking sexy and comfortable in Elie Saab

Mandy Moore looking STUNNING in Monique Lhullier

Amy Adams, literally dazzling in L'Wren Scott

Cate Blanchett looking like a work of art in Givency (this is the dress my sister claims she would wear if she ever went to the oscars).

ScarJo looking sexy fine in Dolce (and it's suprising, too! Usually she's very va-va-voom!)

Anne Hathaway in vintage Valentino.  When will she ever not be on this list?

Wow. This is a tough decision.....

So I won't make it.  The oscar goes to all of them.

If there's anything that I've learned from tonight, it's that with a little bit of courage and a whole lotta fashion sense, you too can get to the oscars.  Oh, and that I really need to work on my girl crush on Hailee Steinfeld.  It's getting out of hand.

What's this?

You are currently reading Oscar Fashion, baby. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply