Day 13, a little late.

Saturday, April 2, 2011 § 0

I'm really not in the mood to catch myself up by doing three 'days of blogging' in one post, so we'll just pick up where we left off :) Day 13!

So, five of my all-time fave reads.  Here we go!

1. Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen

Set during the Great Depression, this book is about a boy named Jacob who joins the Benzini Brothers circus troupe as a veterinarian after finding out his parents have died.  He forms a relationship with a worn-out, lovable elephant and the beautiful woman that performs with the horses, despite the sadistic circus boss she's married to.  This book is so interesting and romantic and absolutely wonderful.  I can't wait to see the movie.












2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- J.K. Rowling


Do I even need to explain my love for this book?  I've been a fan of Harry and his pals ever since a friend forced me to read the series freshman year.  I've read this one twice and I cried about every fifteen minutes during the first HP7 movie.  I plan on reading it about fifteen more times.  Maybe more.  











3. Leaving Unknown- Kerry Reichs

I describe the plot in this blog post, so I won't rewrite it.  I will say that I spent about five hours everyday on the tire swing, reading this nonstop.  It's romantic (when will I ever read anything that isn't) and really heartfelt.  The characters are funny and quirky, and I want to live in Unknown, AZ with all of them. 













4. Elsewhere- Gabrielle Zevin

Gabrielle Zevin is one of my all-time favorite writers.   This is one of the only books I've ever cried at the end of, not because it was a sad ending, but because it was so emotional.  Everything she says is symbolic in some little way, and anyone can relate even in the tiniest way.  What is it about, you might ask?  A girl dies and heads to the underworld or, Elsewhere, which is just like Earth except for the fact that when you arrive, you begin to age backwards until you are sent back to Earth as a baby.  It's such a wonderful concept and I haven't been more pleased with an idea of the underworld since Jesus played the Pearly Gates.  

For a tear-jerking quote, go here.







5. Queen of Babble series- Meg Cabot


I loved the first book, but I gotta say- the best one is the third one.  There's a crazy twist but it's a fantastic twist!  This is my guilty-pleasure read, my beach read, and it's like cotton candy except it doesn't make you fat!  Occasionally, when I need a little pick-me-up, I'll pull one of these out and read a little excerpt.  They're amazing. Look 'em up.













Those are my favorite reads, and you should definitely go look them up and read them ASAP.  They will change your literary life. 

Happy Saturday, 
Cooper

What's this?

You are currently reading Day 13, a little late. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply