What I did over Christmas Break....

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 § 0

A lot, actually.  I just got my new card reader in today so now I can share all of my lovely break photos with you all :)

So here goes:

1. After a very pleasant and wonderful Christmas morning, my sister and I made these:
 Look at that icing job.  All me, baby.

2.  Read, like, three books within a week.  That's a lot for me.  
One of them was Mr. Darcy's Diary, by Amanda Grange.  This book is SO GOOD for lovers of Pride and Prejudice.  I admit (with regret) that I have never read the original.  Well, I've tried in the past but I've never gotten past the first few chapters.  I adore the Kiera Knightly movie adaption but I must say, after reading this, I'm going to make it my goal to finish the original novel.  


 Another one I read was Leaving Unknown, by Kerry Reichs.  It's the cutest story- a girl goes on a cross-country road trip in her loveable beat-up car, pinpointing all the obscure little towns with the craziest names.  She wants to end up in Los Angeles, but she gets sidetracked in the town of Unknown, Arizona when her car breaks down on the side of the road.  She gets a job in a bookstore (with an ADORABLE owner) and finds that she may not want to leave.   I loved it because her character was so great- full of moxie and independence, which is what I strive to be like.  The romance that develops is so heartwarming and sexy that I couldn't help but read different passages over and over.  One of my new fave books!

I also read The Sisters Red by Jackson Pierce.  It was good- I wouldn't read it again, but I liked the story and I thought it got a whole lot better with every chapter I read.  It's about two sisters who are dedicated to hunting the Fenris (ugly, malicious werewolves) ever since the day one killed their grandmother and took the oldest sister Scarlett's eye.  One sister is more dedicated than the other and after Rosie develops an attraction to Scarlett's hunting partner and BFF, conflicts arise.   It's a good read!


3. Took a LOT of pictures of the farm.  Here are a few:







 4. Witnessed The Happening.  Just kidding.  One day before a big storm hit, hundreds of birds flocked in the sky above our little house on the prairie and scared the living daylights out of us.  


I hope your Christmas Break (if you got one) was as good as mine.  But now, however, there's school to worry about....

What's this?

You are currently reading What I did over Christmas Break.... at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply