I'm Country STROOOONG

Saturday, January 8, 2011 § 0

As you may have guessed, I did see that last night.  My old friend Corey was in town for his elongated winter break (oh, how I want to be in college!) and so my sister, him, and me all decided to go to Corner Bakery for a quick meal and then over to the theater for a showing of Country Strooooooong! (Sorry, but I can't say that without raising my arm symbolically and drawling out the last word, a la Miss Gweneth Paltrow).

It was actually....very good.  I don't even like country music that much (well, I have more now that we've spent more time at the farm- the only station we pick up down there is honky-tonk) and I really enjoyed the soundtrack.  Leighton Meester was really great and, of course, gorgeous, but Garret Hedlund's musky voice really stole the show.  I thought Gweneth did really well, too- she was quite heartbreaking.  The ending is unexpected but the movie is wonderful and you should all go see it :)


What's this?

You are currently reading I'm Country STROOOONG at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply