Day 18...IN WEIRDSVILLE!

Saturday, April 9, 2011 § 0

Just kidding....well, not entirely.  I'm in Austin!  And having an amazing time.  After the 5-hour-bus ride and the sublime raspberry kolache I had (courtesy of the Czech Stop), we had an hour or two for a lovely lunch somewhere on Guadalupe Dr.  After realizing our fave pizza dive was closed up for good, we headed over to the Mellow Mushroom for a slice and loved it even more than our original place.  Then it was off to classes (where my internet didn't work- BLAST) and I learned some stuff and did some things and it was fantastic.

Photos are coming soon in a later post, but I thought I'd just plug in an update while we're situated in our hotel.

What I'm doing this weekend (the journalism conference) ties in to day 18: my long-term goals, aspirations, dreams, what have you.

Obviously, I want to write for the rest of my life.  Eventually I want to write a book and make millions off of it (ha), but if I've got a steady job at a magazine or as a screenwriter (or another job that is far more realistic), then that's fine with me.  But someday, somehow, I'd like to write a book.

Other goals: graduate college with a GPA higher than a 3.5, support myself and get out of student loan debt after college, and travel the world.

I wish I could add dramatic and fun photos, but this internet in the hotel is SLLLOOOOWWW.....

I'll post later.  Have a lovely Saturday.
Cooper

What's this?

You are currently reading Day 18...IN WEIRDSVILLE! at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply