Battle of the Glasses.

Monday, January 23, 2012 § 0


It surprises me how much I actually waste time thinking about it, but I do....glasses, or no glasses?

Only someone who wears frames really understands the battle us four-eyed females have with our most important accessory.  Every morning when I get up I ask myself, 'Is today a glasses day?'.  On special days, like for example, my first day of college, one of the first things I decided was, 'Okay, I'm not wearing glasses today.  I want people to notice me without them.'

For me at least, it's like having a mole on your back or a scar on your knee- you don't want to show it until people really know you.  I've recently climbed out of my glasses-shell and have gotten more and more comfortable with wearing them in public.  It's not like I think they're ugly or anything, but I wonder if they change the way people look at me...do they make me more or less approachable?  Do they make me more or less attractive to the opposite sex?

I guess this kind of problem is pretty narcissistic, but I would be lying if I said I never thought about it.

Anyone else have this dilemma?

Have a smashing day,
Cooper

What's this?

You are currently reading Battle of the Glasses. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply