September's come, and with it, a plethora of changes.

Friday, September 2, 2011 § 0

Well, I went ahead and took the plunge, and I applied to be a web reporter for the university magazine here.  I wasn't sure exactly what was going to happen- maybe a request for me to turn in my application from the editor, maybe no response back for a while.

But the editor emailed me, asking for an interview! So I did, and I got the job.

You may be thinking 'well done', or maybe 'jolly good' (I don't know where you live), and believe me, I was at first, too!

And then I went to the all-staff meeting and got so damn stressed.  It seems like everyone already knows what they're doing and is incredibly seasoned at it, too.  It's not terribly different from when I was on yearbook, except for the amount of publications you make and the frequency of deadlines is a little bit higher, and yet I'm still stressed out the max.

I keep telling myself that this is exactly what I felt like when I was a lowly sophomore on the yearbook staff, my first year as a writer.  I had no clue what was going on and I didn't always like being on the staff.  But at least there were others that were just as clueless as I was!  Here, it's only me and two other girls.  Crazy.

I just don't fit in with the staff yet and I don't know the ropes of the whole operation, and that terrifies me.  I'm so used to running in and out of the yearbook room when I was in high school and having a solid place where I belong on the campus, and now I feel that I've tried way too hard to get that  back.

I'm probably overreacting, like always, and it will most likely get easier for me as time goes on.  However, for now, it's terrifying, and I'm terrified, and I keep chanting inspirational phrases in my head like a mantra.

On a brighter note, I'm going to go see My Idiot Brother tomorrow with some new friends of mine.  I'm excited!  Here's the trailer, for those of you that aren't familiar with the movie:


I'll update you on the movie after I've seen it, but my sister already told me I'd like it, and I think I trust her judgement.

Enjoy labor day weekend,
Cooper

What's this?

You are currently reading September's come, and with it, a plethora of changes. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply