JUST KISS ALREADY.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 § 0

Let me tell you something- on a college campus, couples spring up like WEEDS within the first few weeks.  So you can see just why I'm in that teenage-girl state of mind right now- reading romantic fiction and watching wonderful, sappy movies.

It's love, and it's grand, folks!  Whenever I'm in this sort of mood I always watch the best romantic movies- and sure, I'll break out The Notebook from time to time, but I like the ones with those understated moments of romance...the ones with other, bigger plot lines, but adorable love stories hidden in the folds of the movie.  Those love stories, in my opinion, are so much more lovely.

Here are some of my favorite clips from some great movies proving my point.

Stranger Than Fiction: Flours

Maggie Gyllenhall is a baker, and Will Ferrel brings her flours.  FLOURS.  This is so darn sweet, and the random inputtings of 'I want you' are hilarious.


Big Fish: Circus Scene



This has got to be one of the most beautiful moments in film history.  I love Ewen's face throughout this whole scene; it's longing and mystification and all that great stuff.  And the concept of time, how it stops but then starts up again, super fast, is kind of brilliant.   I just love how he's stepping around things, pushing popcorn out of the way, ducking through a hoop....so lovely.

Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides: 'She has a name'



I'm going to be honest with you, I've never much been a fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.  However, I love mermaids and adventures and all that sort of thing, so I went to see the fourth one and could not help but SWOON at this side romance.  It's incredibly sweet.

Amelie: Meeting Nino


I could not make a list like this and leave out Amelie and Nino.  Obviously they're kindred spirits.

Let me know what you like to watch when you're in a lovey-dovey mood!  I'm curious.

Until tomorrow,
Cooper

What's this?

You are currently reading JUST KISS ALREADY. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply