new case!

Thursday, July 7, 2011 § 0

Aren't I just so bohemian?  Just kidding.  But I did love the hippie-ish-ness of this case.  


So I've been thinking a lot lately about jobs- for some reason, even though I've got 4 years of college ahead of me, I can't stop thinking about where my degree is going to get me after I graduate.  And frankly?  There's not many places in Colorado.  Truthfully, with a degree in Journalism I'd be much better off living in NYC or Los Angeles.  

The problem is that I'd prefer to get a job in the place that I graduate from college, but I'm having a terribly hard time finding anything (sidebar: this is somewhat of an irrational fear, mind you- the only places I've searched are online databases and once I'm at CSU I can use other resources).  

I'm going to be honest, this article sort of turned my anxiety into determined satisfaction: 

No, I am not a lonely loser introvert.  Okay, I sort of am.  Just the introvert part.  I've never been one to really want a job that requires a lot of social skills and schmoozing and all that jazz (but in journalism, it's pretty impossible not to find one) so the freelance writer/author thing really made me smile.  I've wanted to be an author my whole life, but I've had realistic expectations about it- it's not something you can usually do right out of the gate, after you graduate.  You've got to have a cushion; a backup job.  And even freelance writing can be difficult- you've got to network like crazy and work hard to get your pieces out there. 

I'm going to try to become the author I always dreamed I'd be, but who knows when that will be?  For now, I'm going to try and put this job hunt on the back burner- I should really be worrying about whoever is going to be my new roommate instead.  

Au Revoir, 
Cooper

What's this?

You are currently reading new case! at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply