Today was an ordinary day.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 § 0

And yet, it was great.  It's the little things, folks, the little things.

Here are my little things:

1. Waking up to snow.

2. Skipping class and watching an old Christmas movie with my roommate.

3.  Impromptu trek across the snow-covered campus for a sandwich with a friend.

4. Eating creamsicles in 20 degree weather.

5.  Trying to sled with a laundry basket but falling face-first into the freezing snow instead.

6.  Running on the track for the first time.

7.  Rewarding myself for (sort of) not cheating on my running with a dinner of watermelon slices.

8.  Pez for dessert.

9.  A call from my wonderful high school yearbook adviser that made me feel 17 again (oh, to be young....)

10.  Homework accompanied by Josh Groban.

It's a wonderful life, folks, so you should hop on board the happiness train and ride it straight to hell.  I honestly don't know where that came from, and it really didn't make any sense, but I'm keeping it on here anyway.  NOBODY'S PERFECT

Hope you guys have a magical weekend.  I'll try to blog on Sunday, since tomorrow me and some friends are driving down to Denver for the annual Parade of Lights.  Please pray that my car doesn't catch a piece of ice and topple off of the interstate.  Kay.  Thanks.

By the way, here's a little clip of our sledding excursion.  

What's this?

You are currently reading Today was an ordinary day. at Life with Madi.

meta

§ Leave a Reply